Adopt a Family
Be the one to make a difference in a family’s life. Adopting one of our House families means you can help provide an affordable place to rest and recharge, home-cooked meals, a supportive environment, and much more to a family struggling to overcome the challenges of caring for a critically ill child. Adopt a family this year so that no child has to go through their medical treatment alone, but can have mom, dad, and their siblings nearby as they fight the hardest battle of their life.
More than half of our 78 guest families have children who are long-term patients, including bone marrow transplants, liver transplants, colorectal procedures, fetal care/NICU and airway reconstruction. When a bone marrow transplant recipient checks into our House, we know they will be living with us for at least 120 days, most likely longer. And our long-term families are the least able to contribute to the cost of their stay as they face daunting medical bills from years of on-going treatment, not to mention a mortgage/rent payment and all of their ongoing expenses back home.
Our House provides guest families with all the comforts of home – plus a local support network – so they can focus on their child’s healing. Without our House, families might have to sleep in the hospital lobby, a child’s hospital room or even their cars, as most families cannot afford a hotel for weeks or months – especially under the stress of mounting medical bills.
We rely on the generosity of our community to provide the financial support needed to care for our guest families. Our House is neither owned nor fully funded by McDonald’s or Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. We do not receive any governmental funding and we are not a United Way agency. More than 90 percent of our annual operating revenue comes from generous individuals, corporations, and foundations in our community.
Annual Sponsorship Levels
You may choose to make a gift of:
- $10,000 to adopt three long-term families;
- $5,000 to adopt two long-term families; or
- $3,000 to adopt one long-term family.
The Perfect Gift
Adopting a long-term family makes the perfect gift and provides a unique opportunity to honor family or friends, to celebrate a special occasion, or to remember a loved one who has passed away.
Benefits to You
In appreciation of your generous gift toward our Adopt a Family program, you will be recognized in the following ways:
- A plaque on our beautiful, one-of-a-kind Adopt a Family recognition wall located in our main family room – a room all of our visitors and guest families frequent (gold, silver and bronze plaques differentiate gifts of $10,000, $5,000 or $3,000).
- Recognition in our annual report and on our website.
- An invitation to attend a special donor appreciation lunch where you will be able to tour our House and see firsthand the impact you are making on the lives of families in need.
- The use of our boardroom for meetings, celebrations, client cultivation, etc.
- The satisfaction of knowing you have helped a sick child and his/her family during their darkest hour.
You Can Double Your Impact
Many companies have matching gift programs. Check with your company’s human resources department or payroll department to see if they can double the impact of your gift by matching it.