Provide a sweet memory for families living in our House by whipping up a tasty treat! Snack time supplements our Taste of Hope meal program by providing desserts for our meals or a quick breakfast to make the next morning easier for our guest families. Another fun way to get involved is by hosting an ice cream social!
Our guest families are often running to doctor’s appointments or have limited time due to the needs of their children. By preparing foods that they can grab and go, you’re helping us make sure that they are eating something and letting them know that you care. You will be making your snack for families to enjoy at their leisure. Families may be in and out of the kitchen during the time you are here. Feel free to say hello and interact.
Groups interested in preparing snacks should provide 50 servings. Snacks are prepared at 7:30 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
Ice Cream Social
Ice cream socials are a fun way for our guest families to spend time with other families. Groups should be prepared to serve the ice cream to families. This option is available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons at 2 p.m.
Groups should bring enough ice cream, toppings, cones, etc. for 50 people plus those in your group. Please remember to bring disposable bowls and utensils to make for a much quicker and easier cleanup. We will supply ice cream scoops. When planning how much of each item to bring, refer to the serving sizes listed on the ice cream and topping containers.
Please note that tours are scheduled separately. If you would like a tour while you are preparing a snack or hosting an ice cream social, please call our front desk to schedule one. You can reach our front desk volunteers by calling 513-559-4600.
- Groups of 1 to 10 people are welcomed. Minors over the age of 10 are permitted with an accompanying adult.
- Volunteers must bring along all necessary ingredients for your snacks or ice cream socials in new, unopened packages.
- NO PEANUT BUTTER OR NUTS OF ANY KIND.
- ALL snacks must be prepared here in our Ronald McDonald House kitchen. We are unable to accept any food prepared in home kitchens.
- Paper products and plastic utensils are highly recommended for faster cleanup.
- If you will be contacting any media about your visit to our House, please let us know in advance so that we can provide the best support for you and the media.
Safety and Security
- Check in at the front desk upon arrival to sign in and receive your visitor identification.
- A volunteer or staff member will direct you on storing personal belongings and show you the prep area.
- For the safety of our children and parents, ALL visitors to our House should be healthy and free from fever, cough or colds, or stomach virus symptoms. Frequent hand washing is required. If anyone in your group is sick, please contact us and we will be happy to reschedule your group.
In the Kitchen
All cookware and essential kitchen items are provided, such as: mixing bowls, cookie sheets, muffin tins, blenders, mixers, etc.
- Please individually wrap each snack with plastic wrap or place each in a plastic bag and label each with the current date.
- Donations of disposable containers or Ziploc bags are always appreciated!
- Completed snacks can be placed on the long display counter or refrigerated.
- Please place all dishes in the dishwashers, sweep up, and sanitize all countertops.
Ready to Book?
View our online booking calendar for available dates and times. Find a date/time that works best for you and book it directly from our calendar!
For additional questions, contact us at 513.559.4633 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for bringing much-needed treats to our families!
Looking for some ideas?
To help get you started, here are some delicious recipes that our families would love to enjoy! Feel free to browse these or come up with your own tasty treats that do NOT include any peanut butter, nut butter or nuts of any kind.
Please note: remember to check the quantity each recipe yields to ensure it will make enough for at least 50 people. Thank you!