April 26, 2021
Our rooftop and outdoor dining spaces are now available for our guest families to enjoy between 8 a.m. and dark. Guests are asked to maintain social distance and wear a mask while enjoying these spaces.
Our fitness room is also available by appointment. Guests can sign up for a 45-minute time slot between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. each day. Please sanitize any equipment before and after use.
We look forward to opening more spaces for guest families to enjoy in the weeks ahead.
April 16, 2021
In partnership with our global organization and Cincinnati Children’s, we are continuing to work through our multi-phase plan to return to full operation at our House. We are excited to enter Phase 3 of our four-phase plan to resume normal operations. This phase includes the following changes:
- Siblings of guest patients are welcome in the House. If there are siblings, there must be two parents/caregivers here due to Children’s restrictions on visitors.
- Parents/caregivers may switch off or travel back home, provided they adhere to our travel guidelines.
- We will begin to slowly opening common spaces in our House, such as our playground, rooftop and other spaces that a family can enjoy together. More information on how that will work will be shared with in-House families in the weeks ahead.
We will continue to welcome groups of families over a period of two to three days, followed by a 14-day waiting period. If there are no known or potential cases of Covid-19 amongst staff or guest families during this time, we will welcome another group of families. This process of accepting a group of families and then waiting 14 days will continue for the foreseeable future.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- Our House remains closed to all outside visitors and volunteers. Only essential staff are permitted at this time.
- Our Short-Term Room Program remains suspended. Please check our Short-Term Room page for updates as they become available.
- Donation drop-offs are permitted (and appreciated!). Donors should contact the front desk upon arrival to receive instruction about dropping off the item(s).
- New guest families will need to be tested for COVID-19 before checking in to our House. This includes siblings.
- Masks are required in all areas of the House except for guest rooms.
- We are following social distancing guidelines in our House. This includes remaining six feet away from staff or other guest families.
- All meals will be delivered to guest rooms. Meals should be ordered each day by contacting the front desk or using the meal order form.
- Guests should inform the Manager on Duty if they have any flu-like symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19 in any way.
- Our laundry rooms are available to one family per two-hour time slot. Guests may sign up for a time on the sheet attached to each laundry room door.
We’re still here for them, thanks to you.
As the world changes around us in response to COVID19, one thing remains constant: our mission to offer a community of compassion and support to our guest families.
In this time of great uncertainty, we are relying on each other for support. As a part of the Greater Cincinnati Ronald McDonald House community, we hope we can rely on you to support us however you can in this time of need.
- Fund a meal: We have suspended our Taste of Hope program and our RMH chefs will be preparing meals for our families. You can help by providing funding for meals.
- Donate Items from Amazon: We have updated our wish list with the most important items. You can donate wish list items from the safety of your own home. Your donated items will be delivered right to our doorstep and put to great use.
- Make a donation: Your financial support will help us continue to be here for our families. Donate today!
Our social media will continue to focus on our guest families. The support that you show them through your comments means the world to them, especially during this challenging time.
On behalf of all of us at Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House, stay safe and well.