October 24, 2020
While the world works to manage through these unprecedented times, Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House is doing everything that we can to keep our guest families, volunteers, staff and visitors safe.
In partnership with our global organization and Cincinnati Children’s, we are continuing to work through our multi-phase plan to return to full operation at our House. This plan involves welcoming groups of families over a period of two to three days, followed by a 14-day waiting period. If there are no known or potential cases of Covid-19 amongst staff or guest families during this time, we will welcome another 10 families. This process of accepting a group of families and then waiting 14 days will continue for the foreseeable future.
The following guidelines remain in place:
- Our House remains closed to all outside visitors and volunteers. Only essential staff are permitted at this time.
- Donation drop-offs are permitted (and appreciated!). Donors should contact the front desk upon arrival to receive instruction about dropping off the item(s).
- All common spaces, including playrooms, the kitchen, library, fitness center and family rooms, remain closed.
- All families currently staying in our House may consist of the patient(s) and up to two guardians or primary caregivers. We are unable to allow any visitors, including siblings or other family members at this time.
- Guest families may not return home for any period of time or alternate days/weeks in our House with other family members.
- New guest families will need to be tested for COVID-19 before checking in to our House.
- Masks are required in all areas of the House except for guest rooms.
- We are following social distancing guidelines in our House. This includes remaining six feet away from staff or other guest families.
- All meals will be delivered to guest rooms. Meals should be ordered each day by contacting the front desk or using the meal order form.
- Guests should inform the Manager on Duty if they have any flu-like symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19 in any way.
- All guests who leave our House will need to complete a wellness screening at Cincinnati Children’s prior to returning to our House.
- All guest families and essential staff should use the hand sanitizing stations located at each door prior to entering the House and the handwashing station in the lobby.
- Our laundry rooms are available to one family per two-hour time slot. Guests may sign up for a time on the sheet attached to each laundry room door.
We’re still here for them, thanks to you.
As the world changes around us in response to COVID19, one thing remains constant: our mission to offer a community of compassion and support to our guest families.
In this time of great uncertainty, we are relying on each other for support. As a part of the Greater Cincinnati Ronald McDonald House community, we hope we can rely on you to support us however you can in this time of need.
- Fund a meal: We have suspended our Taste of Hope program and our RMH chefs will be preparing meals for our families. You can help by providing funding for meals.
- Donate Items from Amazon: We have updated our wish list with the most important items. You can donate wish list items from the safety of your own home. Your donated items will be delivered right to our doorstep and put to great use.
- Make a donation: Your financial support will help us continue to be here for our families. Donate today!
Your life has likely turned upside down since this began, and we hope you and your family are all healthy and safe. We will continue to provide updates on how our House is doing through our website.
Our social media will continue to focus on our guest families. The support that you show them through your comments means the world to them, especially during this challenging time.
On behalf of all of us at Cincinnati’s Ronald McDonald House, stay safe and well.