For the safety of our guest families, please stay home if there is a chance you might be sick. As many of our children have suppressed immune systems, all volunteers should be healthy and free of any flu-like symptoms, fever or exposure to any infectious disease.
Please wear closed-toe shoes with rubber soles. No sandals or high heels. We also ask that long hair be pulled back, or we can provide you with a hair net. We will also provide gloves.
Expect to be with us for four hours. This includes food prep, serving, eating and clean-up.
(only served on weekdays)
Serving Time: 12:00 noon
Time Commitment: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
(only served on weekends)
Serving Time: 10:00 a.m.
Time Commitment: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Serving Time: 6:00 p.m.
Time Commitment: 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Unfortunately, we cannot break the experience up into smaller shifts. All volunteers should remain from start to finish.
After serving our families, all Taste of Hope volunteers will be able to sit down and enjoy the wonderful meal they have prepared!
General Guidelines for the Day
- Meal group volunteers should remain in the kitchen or lobby at all times unless accompanied by a tour guide.
- Volunteers may not enter a guest’s room.
- For everyone’s safety, volunteers cannot be left unattended with any child who resides at our House. Volunteers may not take responsibility for supervising or caring for the children of House guests in the absence of a parent or guardian.
- Ronald McDonald House welcomes families from across the country and around the world, drawing guests from many different backgrounds. We welcome a variety of faiths and beliefs. Engaging in any type of religious solicitation is prohibited.
- There is no smoking or tobacco use permitted on Ronald McDonald House property.